Thursday, April 18, 2013

Day 14 - 21 DSD - Overpriced plane food and a werewolf moment


So I couldn't blog for the past few days because I was on a secret mission. Jay and I flew home to Ontario to surprise my Mum for her 60th birthday. It was a success! She was totally surprised, we had a great time with friends and family. It was a blitz trip - 3 days. As for the sugar detox...well, we'll get to that. 

Day 14
Breakfast:
Jay and I headed down to Edmonton (a three hr trip) and we needed some snacks.  You have no idea how much the candy in the gas station was calling my name. And the pringles. Soooo we opted for beef jerky and pumpkin seeds. We also had a couple green apples in the car. 

Lunch:
We hit up Mucho Burrito for a yummy lunch. Really wanted to eat the taco shell but did NOT give in!









Dinner:
So dinner was kinda a joke. We got to the airport and felt like we'd just eaten so we didn't grab anything. Boy I wish we'd thought twice about the decision. We get on the plane and they've got this nice little brochure about all the sugar-infested treats - pringles, mini-eggs, chips, sandwiches - all three times the price they should be. I was starving. Looking back now I think I had a moment similar to a werewolf. The way Jay describes it I was grasping at him, insisting that I NEEDED A SANDWICH RIGHT NOW. Jay wouldn't let me give in so we ordered a cheese platter. $6.50 for this thing.

 I gave Jay the grapes, succumbed to the crackers and hid the chocolate truffle in my bag for after this stupid detox is over. We've made habit of that by the way - our freezer is chock full of goodies for after the sugar detox. Terrible I know. I blame Jay. He is building up our stash.

Got picked up at the airport by Ben, Katie, and Justin (Jay's sibs + Katie's husband) and headed to Ben's place for a good night sleep. At 1am I wasn't hungry at all.

I count Day 14 as a success!


No comments:

Post a Comment