Thursday, April 18, 2013

Day 15 - 21 DSD - Making it count




So I couldn't blog for the past few days because I was on a secret mission. Jay and I flew home to Ontario to surprise my Mum for her 60th birthday. It was a success! She was totally surprised, we had a great time with friends and family. It was a blitz trip - 3 days. As for the sugar detox...well, we'll get to that. 

Day 15:
Breakfast: Were treated to a yummy breakfast at Ben and Amanda's with Katie and Justin. Felt really good to get some genuine time with them. We were good for breakfast - had eggs, with peppers, a little cheese and slices of a green apple. 

Lunch: For lunch we hit up a burger place called "The Works." Amazing burgers. Jay declared it his second cheat meal and had sweet potato fries and a loaded burger. I was good and had a salad with balsamic viniagrette, a burger and I didn't eat the bun. It was amazing. 


Dinner: For dinner, Jay's parents came over to Ben and Amanda's and we had a mix of salad and sweet potato casserole. The casserole was amazing. I passed up cornbread, raspberries, and the sweet potato layer on the casserole and it was still a thoroughly amazing dinner. I couldn't complain. For dessert I wanted to make frozen banana icecream but the bananas weren't frozen enough so it ended up being more like a frozen banana pudding. 

I count day 15 a success! 

No comments:

Post a Comment