Saturday, April 20, 2013

Day 16 - 21 DSD - Sugar Detox Goes out the Window for a Night

So I couldn't blog for the past few days because I was on a secret mission. Jay and I flew home to Ontario to surprise my Mum for her 60th birthday. It was a success! She was totally surprised, we had a great time with friends and family. It was a blitz trip - 3 days. As for the sugar detox...well, we'll get to that. 

Day 16
The big day was finally here! The day I'd been planning for about three months. My mum's 60th birthday. And she had no idea I was going to show up on her doorstep.

Breakfast:
Jay's mom made us breakfast - eggs, bacon, and cheese. We were offered a blueberry crepe but I passed up declaring I was gonna stay strong on the sugar detox.

I showed up to surprise my mom . Will post video later. She cried. It was the best surprise.

Lunch:
For lunch we went to a little place called "The Piano Cafe." As I scanned the menu I came across a crepe with spinach, feta cheese, chicken, peppers. Away went my digression and we each ordered one. With a big salad. Delish!

Dinner:
We came back to the house where my sister and family were waiting to surprise my mum with a nice birthday dinner. She didn't expect it at all. Although she asked a million questions so she definitely knew something was up. The sugar detox kinda went out the window for this.

Sugary things I gave into:
- 2 slices of french baguette
- caesar salad
- tortilla chips
- dutch cookie
- a slice of pie
-a slice of chocolate mousse
- vanilla ice cream

So bad I know! But the way I saw it was - it was my mum's 60th birthday. It would never come again and so I decided to just let it happen!

Day 16 - was a fulfilling FAIL.

No comments:

Post a Comment