Thursday, April 4, 2013

Day 4 - 21 DSD - Goodbye to Jimmy Joe (the squirrel)

Day 4.

Woke up this morning feeling refreshed.
Planned breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs
Actual breakfast: Plain full-fat yogurt with a dash of cinnamon and vanilla extract. Not gonna lie - it wasn't really good. Maybe I put too much in or too little. Not sure.

Work was..well it's work. Again, it's a super quiet week with no students and missing staff so it's seemed extra slow all week. I grabbed a green apple for early on but realized I should have grabbed other snacks. Was getting too confident in myself I guess.

Planned lunch: Left-overs - Lettuce Beef Wraps
Actual lunch: Left-overs - Lettuce Beef Wraps

LOVE this whole making planned meals thing. It's so convenient to have left-overs for lunch. Can't believe I just got through by winging lunch each day. Granted there were definitely days that I skipped breakfast and lunch because I didn't have a planned meal. Not a good idea.

A funny thing happened at lunch. My dog, Sadie, is avidly obsessed with squirrels. You just mention "squirrel" to her and she will run to the nearest tree and look up. So there have been 2 squirrels frequenting our porch lately and Jay decided to let her out to pursue one. She chased it up the wall in a split second and we thought we'd seen the last of it. Jay popped his head out to check on her (having tied her leash to the post) and to his surprise, the squirrel was sitting on the 2nd floor porch, its two little paws on the railing just staring at Sadie. And she was staring right back. It was like the squirrel was planning his attack. He turned and looked at us and then went back to the stare-down. I decided right then and there that we should name him Jimmy-Joe.

I popped back into the house and finished doing my dishes. Decided to say goodbye to the two loonies so I stuck my head out the door and called out, "Bye Sadie! Bye Jimmy Joe!" It was just then that I heard a grunt and realized my neighbour was peeking out his screen door with a cigarette. "What's that?" he asked. I grinned and said, "Oh sorry I was saying goodbye to the squirrel. I named him Jimmy Joe." He seemed to take it all in stride as I explained the situation and after a few pleasantries, we said goodbye. I was only slightly ashamed of being caught at saying goodbye to a squirrel. It was more amusing to me than anything.

Headed back to work with a couple of coco-nana balls. Yum!
The afternoon was tricky. Tried to distract myself from getting distracted by cleaning my office. It helped. Somewhat. Finished off the day and headed home.

Planned dinner: Rotisserie chicken and something
Actual dinner: Rotisserie chicken and salad

It's funny. I love the taste of rotisserie chicken so much - I felt like we were doing something bad by eating it. But I looked it up and a couple different 21 DSD recipes mentioned it so I was floored. Jay made up a yummy salad with mushrooms, spinach, peppers, cheddar cheese. I made a homemade dressing (balsamic vinegar, olive oil, oregano, and black pepper) - umm delish!

For some reason after dinner I had MAJOR sugar cravings. Like I just wanted chocolate and candy! I ate a coupe coco-nana balls and they helped stifle the craving. Went and met up with a couple Young Life leaders to connect at Tim's. Wasn't tempted at all by the sight of donuts. Amazing. Sigh. Though I know I haven't come across my weaknesses yet (aka movie popcorn, pringles, gummies, icecream). But still here's to hoping I can stay on track.

Am proud to call day 4 a SUCCESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment