Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Day 2 - 21 Day Sugar Detox - A Grumpy Husband

Ok - Day 2. No biggie. Just gotta be prepared.

Woke up. Tried a taste of the coco-nana balls I made last night. Coconut flakes, mashed banana and unsweetened cocoa powder. They're actually pretty good!

Breakfast plan : 2 hard boiled eggs
Actual breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs

Feeling great. Sorta got a back ache but I think that was more to do with carrying Sadie (my heavy dog) over a mud patch yesterday. Won't do that again!

Headed to work with a couple bags of sunflower seeds, walnuts and celery sticks. It's spring break so the day lagged on. With no one around the office, time really stretches out. The last thing I want to do is find myself chocolate hunting in the lazy afternoon hours.

Lunch plan: Leftovers
Actual lunch: Leftovers - Lemon chicken, chorizo meatballs and assorted vegetables. YUM!

Headed back to the office. After lunch I felt SUPER tired. Texted Jay to let him know that if he was experiencing it - that it's normal. Made it through the day without snacking on chocolate. After eating walnuts and sesame seeds, I had no desire for chocolate.

I arrive back home to find Jay passed out on the couch. Guess I was right about the tiredness thing. He wakes up irritable (not an entirely new thing for Jay but for his sake I blame it on the sugar detox).

Dinner plan: "Fettucini Zucchini with Meat Sauce"
Actual dinner: "Fettucini Zucchini with Meat Sauce" - can't believe I've stuck to the meal plans so far. I know it's only been 2 days but STILL for me - that's a big deal! It actually feels like it's been a week ha. Going to be a long haul - this whole sugar detox thing!

Funny enough, Jay is acting like he has PMS. Grumpy and irritable. I just laugh at him and read him facts from the sugar detox guide about how that's normal. Apparently he has had mad sugar cravings all day today. He mumbles that dinner tastes "ok" and yet helps himself to plenty more. I point it out and he protests he's hungry. Secretly I know my dinner meal is AWESOME.

Our Young Life committee meeting is tonight. I don't want to deal with sugar cravings so I don't buy treats. It's 9:47pm, everyone's left and I've got a thumping headache and am craving cheese. I eat a small piece but the headache's still here. Sadie looks as tuckered out as I feel.

Peacin' out. G'night.

No comments:

Post a Comment