Friday, April 5, 2013

Day 5 21 DSD - Cheatin' with Apples



Day 5. It's Friday!

Ok so today I didn't exactly stick to the plan.

Breakfast on a whim was plain yogurt, green apple, and cinnamon. Pretty tasty. Got my little 21 DSD encouragement and that was what they listed as their choice for breakfast so guess I'm doing alright.

Used my lunch break to run some bottles to the depot to raise money for Young Life camp. Yes, I pretty much eat, breathe, and live Young Life stuff lately. Was happy about the bottle money until I made a turn out of the parking lot and dipped the car into a giant pothole/ditch. Crap. Scrapes on my car. Knew Jay would NOT be happy. So much for a planned good day.

Headed back to work and ate a quick lunch of rotisserie chicken & salad. Added some sesame seeds which tasted awesome with the balsamic vinaigrette.

Work day slogged on for a bit. A Young Life kid dropped by with his camp money and form. Hurray! Got about 9 kids signed up so far. Popped by the bank after work to deposit the money and headed home.

Jay wasn't home which gave me some time to get some stuff done. We are driving to Edmonton on Saturday morning to stay the night and come back on Sunday. Due to the fact that my usual road trip snacks range from pringles to massive amounts of candy, I decided I should make some treats for us to munch on.

Made Banana-Apple Cookies - with crushed almonds, walnuts, cinnamon, and other various things in. They tasted ok....uh I def missed the whole sugar part. Jay got home and thought the cookies were great. We had a "talk" about the car. That wasn't fun. Dinner involved a bit of grazing here and there. Started with carrot fries. Then bacon-wrapped asparagus. And finally a proper meal with salad and ham. 















After all that and watching the first half of Katy Perry's Part of Me movie - decided I need some fake icecream. Frozen banana, vanilla extract, and cream. Lots of cream. Didn't want it to go to waste - right?  And yes I'd already had an apple for breakfast, a bit of apple whilst making the cookies and now I was having a banana. Def broke a few rules but stuck to the plan sorta. It's getting trickier as I get more cocky about things I suppose.

 And so now I feel pretty tired. It's 11:50pm. Gotta get up sorta early to leave for Edmonton tomorrow. Feeling like super tired all of a sudden. 
Day 5 = Success (minus too many apples)

No comments:

Post a Comment