Saturday, April 20, 2013

Day 17 - 21 DSD - The Planned Cheat


So I couldn't blog for the past few days because I was on a secret mission. Jay and I flew home to Ontario to surprise my Mum for her 60th birthday. It was a success! She was totally surprised, we had a great time with friends and family. It was a blitz trip - 3 days. As for the sugar detox...well, we'll get to that. 




Day 17
Breakfast: For breakfast I had 2 hard boiled eggs. And a little sliver of Tina's dutch cookie. Whilst Jay wasn't looking. I might have had 2. Ssshh.

Lunch: For lunch we met up with some of our Young Life girls in Uxbridge. We went to a little coffee shop called the Tin Cup - one of my fav places to go with my YL girls. Jay came too this time. He was good and ordered a salad. I gave in (as was becoming a trend whilst in Ontario) and had what I always order - a jalapeno pretzel with cheese and ham. Delish!

After lunch I decided to go for the only planned cheat I'd had on this sugar detox. Why a planned cheat? Well I kept seeing emails that said, "when you slip up..." or "don't worry about slipping up, just get back on track" and the weaker part of me thought, hm, well if they're expecting you to slip up, you may as well. So I planned that when I went back to Ontario, I would go to Kawartha Dairy and get an ice cream. (Yes I realize I'd already cheated last night but this was the official planned slip-up). So I headed there with Esther, Jay and Alex, only to discover I was the only one ordering ice cream. But no matter, I was still going for it. Had black raspberry thunder and cookie dough. AMAZING. AMAZING. oh did I mention it was AMAZING. no lie.

Dinner: So I wasn't going to deal with the stupid cheese platter again so I insisted that we grab a real dinner at the airport. Our waiter was the bomb diggety. We each ordered the pub salad and funny enough we were both craving steak. They didn't offer it as an option, but not only did our waiter make it happen, the cooks didn't want to slice one steak in half so we each got our own $20 steak for $5.

On the plane ride Jay and I were split up because we were on standby. Since Jay wasn't able to nag me about staying on track, I accepted the offer of bits and bites (pretzels, chip-things). It wasn't especially good. I should have resisted.

We got back to Edmonton at 9ish. It was a long road trip ahead (about 3 hours). We opted for the rest of our beef jerky and pumpkin seeds. I passed out and woke up at 12ish. Jay said his eyes were burning and could I please drive. The pumpkin seeds were what kept me awake. No shame there, ha.

So...Day 17 was a fail - but a pleasurable one!




No comments:

Post a Comment